At Inquisitive Marketer we have a few fundamental goals about the importance of your privacy:
- We want our site to be useful, and it becomes more useful to everyone when you feel comfortable enough to interact with us and with other users through features like the comments sections and forums.
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. For example, our email subscription form has one field: email. (We figure if you get to know us first, you can tell us your name when you want to.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
Inquisitive Marketer Inc. (“Inquisitive Marketer”) operates InquisitiveMarketer.com. It is Inquisitive Marketer’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Inquisitive Marketer collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Inquisitive Marketer’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Inquisitive Marketer’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Inquisitive Marketer may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Inquisitive Marketer also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments. Inquisitive Marketer only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Inquisitive Marketer’s websites choose to interact with Inquisitive Marketer in ways that require Inquisitive Marketer to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Inquisitive Marketer gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who want us to get in touch with them to provide their name and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Inquisitive Marketer – by purchasing access to any paid services, for example – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Inquisitive Marketer collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Inquisitive Marketer. Inquisitive Marketer does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Inquisitive Marketer may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Inquisitive Marketer may monitor the site to see which posts are most popular. Inquisitive Marketer may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Inquisitive Marketer does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Inquisitive Marketer may also use 3rd party analytic tools (such as Google Analytics) to better understand how its visitors travel to and from and within its websites and to improve its websites. Such analytics measurement tools may use “session” and “persistent” cookies to collect Internet log information and to track visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. For more about cookies please see the Cookies section below. The information about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to such 3rd party companies who then provide us with the aggregate data and statistical reports that we use to help make our sites more useful.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Inquisitive Marketer discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that need to know that information in order to process it on Inquisitive Marketer’s behalf or to provide services available at Inquisitive Marketer’s websites. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Inquisitive Marketer’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Inquisitive Marketer will not rent or sell personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Inquisitive Marketer discloses personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Inquisitive Marketer believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Inquisitive Marketer, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an Inquisitive Marketer website and have supplied your email address, Inquisitive Marketer may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Inquisitive Marketer and our products.
If Inquisitive Marketer, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Inquisitive Marketer goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Inquisitive Marketer may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Comments left on the site are by definition public. Everyone’s going to see them. (We might as well take this time to remind everyone to be nice, polite, and if possible informative when leaving comments.)
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our websites, with the drawback that certain features of our websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us